Real estate is a legal term that refers to any property along with the land on which that property stands on.
The legality of the term real estate heavily relies upon the jurisdiction which it falls under. The most notable jurisdictions are; U.S.A, U.K, Canada and Australia.
Financial muscles must be stretched so that a corporation can invest in real estate since this investment has become such a major area of business.
Real estate has with time undergone a metamorphosis into distinct classifications that has had investors to call in specialists to facilitate deals on their behalf or valuate the investment.
Listed below is a breakdown of the distinct fields of real estate investments:
1. Appraisals- This is where professionals offer their specialty to valuate the investments.
2. Property Management- In this category the owner leaves their property for other specialists to manage it on their behalf and a certain commission is chargeable.
3. Brokerages- In this field a mediator will facilitate a deal between two parties and in return they charge a fee for the deal.
4. Real Estate Investing: This is where a person or company manages a real estate investment.
5. Real Estate Marketing-The sales side of the investment is managed by a professional in this field.
6. Development- This is improving the investment by either adding or replacing buildings on that land.
7. Corporate Real Estate- Here a real estate is managed not for income purposes but to support its core business.
8. Relocation Services-This is relocating people or business to other countries for expansion of the business.
Basically almost all construction business has a connection to real estate
In the recent past economists have seen that lack of real estate laws can in a greater perspective affect or hinder real estate investment in developing countries. In that light a country like India is currently in the process of establishing definitive legislations that will see the smooth functioning of real estate investment.
In addition, Pakistan is in the process of implementing a regulatory framework that will help soften the ownership of real estate investments by foreign corporations. Pakistan is as at of now witnessing foreign real estate development mostly Dubai and Malaysia based companies.
In five years time Pakistan will have drawn three million dollars from foreign investors.
Real estate investment is finally a major case of capital budgeting this by using analysis that incorporates future streams of income that it will generate and the risks associated with it.